Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tenue de Nîmes in Italy

Last Friday I ended a tremendous Sealkay press trip to Italy together with Mike and Twan from Anthracite. The guys invited me to go to an area near Milan where we would be introduced in the legendary world of denim washing and finishing. Although I never wash my jeans and I never buy a pre-washed denim myself except from vintage styles, I was very curious to get into the secret world of The Italian denim heritage. We made a 24hr trip where we met with three legendary companies who are famous for different stages in denim development: production, laundry and embroidery. We met with some interesting people from Sealkay and had the chance to visit the magnificent Martelli laundry industry. We placed our images online here. Our trip report will follow soon.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: