Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Patchwork Denim


Patchwork fills me with mixed emotions. I do not throw away my old denims and do patch them up with they threaten to fall apart. This way I can elongate the life of my jeans, while still looking sharp as a knife. On the other hand, patchwork as a form of decoration is something I do not appreciate mostly. Why? It is very hard to "reproduce" a jean that looks somewhat authentic. Some designers do know how a denim wears out and they either work for RRL or Levi's.


The example shown above is a example from RRL which we came across on Ebay. It looks good, not to much damages and no extraterrestrial materials were used on the patchwork. On the picture it almost looks like a flare, but I believe it is a loose straight cut. Below is one of the nicest examples of Levi's which was on Hypebeast a while back.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: